Thursday, August 5, 2010

Response to SSO post of 08/04/2010 from L:
1. 20-25 lbs. Maybe more. I'm afraid to get on the scale.
2. yesterday.
3. sizes
4. I'll go along with whatever, but post it!
5. Are you crazy!?
6. What is a blog post? Is that what I'm doing now?

Response to SSO post of 08/05/2010 from L:
1. Exercise will do the trick FASTER than diet alone. Just gotta do it.
2. I want more muscle, and see number 1.
3. You are right, ES probably won't. I kept a daily record doing Weight Watchers. It wasn't bad, and kept me honest with myself. Shall we post on our blog? Can SSO create a template on the blog?
4. Healthy and skinny. I vote for that.
5. Why? Hmmm.
6. I sure as hell hope so. WW costs to join, plus weekly fee, even if you skip a meeting. Skip long enough and you lose your membership and must pay to re-join.
7. Portion control. I know about this. Read the label. Serve yourself ONE portion. Put the bag, box, carton, jar, whatever AWAY? Also - built in portion control products - but it costs extra.
8. Slowly supposedly keeps the weight off longer. I would like to try fast for a few pounds (or inches), then I can go for slowly. Keeping it off is the hardest part. As ES says, "I've lost at least 500 pounds over the years . . . "
9. How long can you savor one cookie?
10. Duh to the second power.

I would like to share recipes on the blog. High fiber, low (healthy) fat, with protein. Must be tasty, even for non-participants.

1 comment:

susan said so said...

Oh, GOODIE! Yes, you're blogging! What do you think so far? ;) You can also "post" (publish, blog, whatever) interesting tips, book reviews, tidbits, techniques, articles, recipes, etc.

Speaking of recipes: that's a great idea! There's a new (to me, at least) function on Blogger that allows you to create stand-alone pages. I wonder if we could have one for recipes, another for food diaries, etc...I'll check, and report back.

Re: tracking sizes - want a ticker? If so, just tell me what size you ARE and what size you WANT TO BE, and I'll get it going and installed!