Thursday, August 12, 2010

off the wagon

The first 2 days were easy-peasy, and filled me with self confidence, (and just a smidge of self righteousness).

I ate according to my checklist (about which I have gotten NO FEEDBACK from my SUPPORT GROUP (that would be you, ES & Luna!) It was simple, I was full, lalalaaaa.

Then yesterday was a shitty/stressful/emotional day at work, and I came home and ate not one, but two GINORMOUS bowls of *Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries cereal for dinner. Trashed my diet - and the roof of my mouth  - in about 1/2 an hour.

Now I'm going to eat dinner at a yummy Mexican restaurant with my wife. I'll try to choose wisely.

xox,
Susan

*Serving size: 3/4 cup
Calories per serving: 100; with milk: 140
Number of servings I devoured: 4
Calories consumed: 560

1 comment:

Elder Sister said...

Ditto!! This was not the best choice of times to begin this endeavor...but, as I mentioned before, there is no such thing as a good time.

I started back to work yesterday, and I already look years older than I did only ten days ago. That pinched, "I have too much to do and not enough time to do it" look. In my mind I keep trying to go back to this time last month, but I am having little success, at that or my new diet.

Yesterday and today, we were surprised with breakfast items before the prof. dev. began.......bagels, Danish w/ different fillings, croissants, all with different flavours of cream cheese, sliced fruit w/ dip (strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, honeydew, cantaloupe, oranges, grapes, etc.)every juice under the sun (mango, pineapple, orange combo is superb!)

Then, lunch was catered so that we wouldn't leave. It was a working lunch.

Anyway, tomorrow is prof. dev. off-site. I will make a sincere effort to begin again.

Get back on the wagon, and remember, that it was only a minor fall. Start again.....false starts are expected. We are trying to make major life changes, and our bodies ( cheating, conniving things that they are) will do almost anything to maintain the status quo. Be Smart!

Remember, svelte bodies require smaller sizes, so they require less room in our luggage. Meaning.....more room for other things!

Be strong!

Love,
E.S.