Sunday, August 29, 2010

Elder Sister's Friday/Saturday Food Logs

Pulled from the comments section:




Blogger gaidheallass (AKA "Elder Sister") said...




Stuck to my diet yesterday (Friday) with regular breakfast (yogurt, berries, granola, almonds - all in moderation). For dinner,tuna "fish" without mayo, only egg, tomato, and pickle relish.

Today I did good, too. Regular breakfast, then tomato and cottage. About 8pm the "OMG - I would trade my own child for a bowlful of ice cream" feeling. Instead, I ate a banana, a pear, and a peach. I am NOT hungry - just having withdrawal symptoms.

ARGHHHH!!! Whose idea was this? Remind me again "why" we are doing this.

- Elder Sister

3 comments:

susan said so said...

Ok, Sister. YOU ARE NOT EATING ENOUGH.

Friday:
yogurt
berries
almonds
tuna
egg
tomato
pickle relish

Saturday:
yogurt
berries
almonds
tomato
cottage cheese
banana
pear
peach

What you are eating is good, excellent, perfect. But there's not enough of it. And there are no whole grains at all.

EAT MORE!

I'll post an eating guide. Read it, comment on it. FOLLOW IT!

xox,
Susan

gaidheallass said...

Each morning I have the prescribed amount of "orange flavored fiber therapy" (psyllium)in a large glass of water. I drink it quickly, rather than a bit at a time. Too, I left out Whole Foods granola with my breakfast each morning.

According to the Four Day Diet, I "should" be having a mid-morning snack of juice and a piece of fruit at mid-afternoon. I am supposed to eat before bed, too, but dinner is so late that I don't do that.

When the beginning of school hysteria calms a bit, I am thinking about purchasing a larger fridge for myself. That would mean that I could keep refrigerated items that I need.

I didn't even realize that I was eating so little until I saw the list that you made. My body has decided that I am trying to starve myself, so it is hanging on to every calorie. I will EAT MORE!

susan said so said...

We're doing this because we will be healthier and happier if we are less heavy, more fit. My feet will thank me profusely.

Here's how we're going to start:
http://threesistersslimming.blogspot.com/2010/08/healthy-day-checklist-1200-calories.html

xox,
Susan