Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hooray! Good News! Encouragement!

On Monday I moved my weight scales into my closet where I get dressed in the morning. My plan is to weigh naked every morning. On Monday I started at 145.6 lbs.
The heaviest I've ever been.
This morning when I weighed, I was at 141.4 lbs. So, I suppose not eating ice cream every day is helping. Also, not eating cookies with television every night. Also, logging my consumption of food every day. Not only does it keep my honest, but it makes me aware of how easy it is to forget my mindless eating.
I did walk with my visiting cousin, P.A., down to the Cedar Falls overlook on Petit Jean Mountain, and back up of course. Not a long walk and not difficult, but in 100 degree weather it probably doesn't take much outside activity to drain the water and start on the pounds.
Also, I think the two large bowls of melon salad last night, followed by my preferred breakfast of blackberries/granola/almonds/LFyogurt/hot tea, accounts for the several trips I've made to the throne room since breakfast. Hmmm. I wonder if I weighed again now, I could see another drop in pounds dumped into the throne. Maybe that is too graphic, even for a sister's blog.
So, I'm excited! I have achieved that, for me, is the 2nd most difficult thing to eating healthy - getting motivated by a little success.

1 comment:

susan said so said...

HURRAY!! WOOHOO! YIPPEE!! and CONGRATULATIONS!!

the melon salad and breakfast routine sound yum. I'll do a post about my favorite breakfasts. :)

good job, you! I'll report in tomorrow. :)