Monday, August 30, 2010

Healthy Day Checklist (1200 calories)



This is the checklist I use to track my daily food intake, as well as sleep, water intake, and exercise. Because I'm not keeping a food log, but just checking boxes instead, it's easy to keep up with. An added benefit is that it serves to remind me what I haven't eaten each day, not just what I have eaten.  A quick glance at today's checklist tells me I've only eaten 2 of the recommended fruit servings (I also see that I've had 2 EXTRA servings of carbs, so I'll be steering clear of the graham crackers when I want a snack later, and reaching for an apple instead!) With portion sizes listed at the bottom, it's easy to remember what a "serving" really is. 1200 calories is what you both should be eating each day, too, Elder Sister & Luna. 

You can download  a printable, week-at-a-glance checklist here, and a 4 page food list with portion sizes here.

Healthy Day Checklist
(1200 calories)




Date 8/30/2010

Sleep 7 hrs Weight 211 lbs
Veggies (4 or more)
Fruit (3 or more)   
Carbs (4)        
Protein/Dairy (3)   
Fats (3)
Sweets (75 cals) Sugar in coffee
Water (per 8 oz)  
Exercise (Type)__________( Duration) _____
Notes: 2 extra servings carbs (puffed cereal w/ sugar/not and soymilk)


****************************************

Portion Sizes: 
Veggies (25 cals per serving): 1 c broccoli, 1 med carrot, 2 c leafy greens, 1 med tomato, ¼ c marinara sauce
Fruit (60 cals per serving): 1 small apple, ¾ c berries
Carbs (70 cals per serving) : ½ c pasta or cereal, 1/3 c rice, ½ ww bagel, 1 slice ww bread, 30 pretzel sticks, 1 biscuit shredded wheat, 1 c soup
Protein/Dairy (110 cals per serving): ½ c lowfat shredded cheese, 1 c 2%  milk, 1 c lite yogurt, 2/3 c lf cottage cheese, 3 oz fish, 1 30z veg patty, ½ c beans, 1 egg, ½ c tofu, 3 oz or ½ c tuna
Fats (45 cals per serving): 1 ½ t pb, 3 T ff sour cream, 1 t canola or olive oil, 1 t butter, 4 T ff mayo,
Sweets (75 cals per serving): 1 ½ T Jam or fruit spread, 1 T honey, 1/3 c sorbet
Tips: 
Plan healthy meals and snacks using recommended food servings. Focus on fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
Spread out the food servings throughout the day. Include at least one serving from most food groups at each meal.
Stay flexible and adjust your food serving goals as necessary. If, for example, you don't reach your fruits goal on Monday, add extra servings of fruit to Tuesday's menu.
Include physical activity in your day. If time is limited, exercise in brief periods throughout the day — for example, three 10-minute sessions rather than one 30-minute session.

******************************************

xox,
Susan


1 comment:

Luna said...

Yeah! I'm going to "hear" and print this for me. Thank you, SSS, this looks like just what I need to keep me on track.