Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Luna looks for iHelp

For about 3 days, I have been following false leads on the internet. I started by googling "free recipe analysis". I want to enter a recipe and click to calculate nutrition information.

Yesterday I stumbled on a site called Calorie Count which may do what I want. I signed up, got my basic information entered. Today I logged my breakfast consumption into my Food Log, which then calculated my nutrition/calorie intake, and allowed me to access my reports. This looks good. There is a section for logging your activity, too. Also, I spotted a recipe search section where you can also enter your recipes. I intend to investigate further. The site obviously can look up and accumulate nutrition info, so I'm hopeful.

Of course, you can join groups on the site for discussion, etc. But I have my compatriots on Eye, which I like better.

Word of warning. From Calorie Count, I clicked on a "cartoon" about losing belly fat. It is an advertisement for Acai Berry Max Cleanse. I read the article about the journalist's personal test of the product and decided to check out the free trial offer (just pay $3.87 shipping). I went to that site, filled in my name, address, email, etc. When it asked for enough info to charge my card, I paused long enough to google the site. ShoNuf - a long list of complaints about being charged $87+, and getting a monthly charge on card. and unable to contact anyone at contact information on web site. FRAUD!!! Thank goodness I listened to that little suspicious, intuitive voice in my head. (I'm currently reading The Gift of Fear about trusting your survival intuition. Easy read. I want to pass the book around to everyone I know.)

Please pass along recipes you like that are high in fiber, low in fat and sugar. I really like our Veggie Mex, but we need varity.

1 comment:

susan said so said...

How about chili? High in fiber, super healthy if you make it veggie.

xox,
Susan