Friday, September 24, 2010

Luna day

Yesterday I did not blog. I kept putting it off, thinking I would have a little more to tell you, if I spent a little more time on Calorie Count site. I did learn some more. I also took wrong turns, which wasted my time and gave me a bad night of sleep, aches and pains that did not stretch out, and a healthy dose of frustration.

On the knowledge side of the equation, I learned that CC (Calorie Count) is a part of About.com. I scanned a list of staff experts, including a nutritionist, a nurse, a weight loss consultant, and a wide range of others. I browsed the recipe section and found a low fat, LF (low fat), LC (low cal) recipe for corn muffins that I used last night. (more about that below) I also input my recipe for Veggie Mex, which took a while, and then somehow lost it! I don't know if it has gone out to limbo land or into a time-space continuum, but I can not find it on Calorie Count.

"!huD" (The reverse of "Duh!" When I learn the proper procedure I will reclaim my "!huD". Possibly I've found a new curse word.)

So, on to the corn muffins. RCUU could not detect that I used no sugar. LC! Also, I used a combination of 2% milk and LF yogurt. (I did not have skim milk on hand.) The batter seemed extremely thin, unlike my Family Cornbread. (Maybe, Mother was right, you have to use the magic spoon.) Instead of baking in a muffin tin, I sprayed my skillet with butter flavored canola oil and made corn pancakes, corncakes? Really fast, no baking for 25-30 minutes, and though I cooked all of the batter, it was so thin I probably could have refridgerated and used later (Hmm. Might have to add more baking powder later.) RCUU loved them. I found I did not need butter. I did try cupping one into a "taco" to dip into honey for dessert. YMMMMM.

I won't include the recipe below. It is on file at Calorie Count.

I enjoy finding a new recipe that meets my need, trying it out, and modifying to suit. Sense of accomplishment is happiness. (That and chocolate.)

Happy eating healthy, everyone!
Luna

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I am getting positive comments at school about my weight loss, even tho' I've not told anyone our plan about 1 pound a week.

Several of the trousers that I have worn the last two weeks are just way to big. I will gift them to my favorite American charity shop.

I had to rearrange my rings again (Hey, I am not complaining, the loss has to begin somewhere and apparently with me it is in the fingers).

I went to Bunco last night and had a soft flour tortilla with seasoned protein filling (maybe it was ground beef - don't know for sure), smothered by lettuce, tomato, white cheese dip, sour cream and salsa. A salad on the side, and then DESSERT! 3 scoops of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla, with fudge sauce, pecans, and a decadent cooky. Yummy!

I think that I will avoid the scales for a few days.

Today's breakfast was vanilla yogurt with granola. For dinner was 2 pieces of pizza and a small spinach, tomato, carrot, and purple onion salad. Followed by some Mixed Berries yogurt.

I managed to drink 8 bottles of water today. I slosh when I walk.

The Middle Sister