Thursday, September 2, 2010

Luna Log 09/01/2010

I'd better write fast, or it won't still be 09/01.

I did pretty good today. I treated myself to a sweet this afternoon with a cuppa. I remember Susan telling me once that I could make a cookie last longer than anyone. Yeah. At the time, as I recall, we(ES,SSS,me)were spreading butter on vanilla wafers and sprinkling on cinnamon sugar. My first time with that yummy treat, but not the last time. Today it was a pecan sandie with dark chocolate chips. I made it last for 30 minutes. Ahhh. The package is hidden out of my sight so I did not scarf down the entire bag.

Tonight I tried out a new concoction on ES while RCUU is out of town. ES will eat almost anything I can come up with. I'm not completely happy with the ratios, but here's what I did. Sweet onions and sweet bell peppers (yellow, orange, red) sauted in olive oil, plus 2 cans rinsed and drained red kidney beans, and 2 cans diced Italian style tomatos drained, served on whole wheat rotini. I thought it either needed fewer beans or more tomatos. ES said definitely NOT fewer beans, so more tomatos. It was pretty good! Dinner for two tonight, plus lunch for two tomorrow.
Probably something more prosaic for dinner tomorrow.

I'm still learning on the Healthy Day Checklist and the Pyramid Tool. In some ways it seems very limited. The idea that you spend the same amount of calories per category by adjusting portions is odd. I don't know yet if I like it better than the Weight Watcher point system. I'm keeping an open mind.

I did manage to get all my water servings today. I like to drink unsweetened iced tea without the ice with dinner. By using decaf tea, which I use for RCUU anyway, I can count it as water. My hot tea is decaf, too. On WW, unsweetened juice counts as water as well, but probably not on the Checklist - I'll look.

Well, SWEET dreams my sisters. Blog you tomorrow. Luna

No comments: