Saturday, September 4, 2010

Luna Log 09/04/2010

Yesterday I did good on eating and drinking water, but no heart-rate-increasing exercise. Neck knot; enought said.

I was really proud of myself for not indulging after RCUU and I made pear preserves. RCUU has been longing for home-made-like-Madelyn-made pear preserves for several years. The recipe requires those hard, green pears with bad skin that never soften. He found a loaded tree in his cousin Linda's backyard! No one wanted them; many were rotting on the ground, so he brought home 2 stuffed Walmart bags full. I doubled the recipe and we used about a third of the stash. I did NOT find a low-calorie recipe on the internet. Maybe sometime today I can search HungryGirl for some pear recipes. (We're experiencing Fall-like weather, which has me in the mood to bake.)

Anyway. . . RCUU also brought home a bag of Linda's homemade yeast rolls. (She's famous in southeast Arkansas for those rolls, among other favorites from her catering company.) Just smell it in your imagination. Hot yeast roll, melting butter, and fresh, still warm pear preserves. Ahhhh. I wish I could believe that my imagination is just as good as the taste, the texture, the warmth, the satisfying slide down my throat. The sip of hot tea - a perfect complement. Okay, enough rapturous description of food I'm NOT going to eat.

On another subject, I forgot to weigh this morning until I was pulling on my work shorts. How much difference could that make? I weighed. Oh, no! I took the shorts off and weighed again. Whew! My work shorts weigh 1.6 pounds! I never would have guessed. In reality my weight is flucuating a little every day. Although I am weighing every day, I'm only going to record weekly, except on my Healthy Day Checklist.

ES says she is not using the Checklist. How about SSS?

6 comments:

susan said so said...

The pear preserves count soooo good. I TOTALLY jumped off the wagon yesterday and ate, after a huge healthy salad, a serving of mashed potatoes, 2 bites of a cheese biscuit, and a small serving of "lite" vanilla ice cream with hot fudge. Plus 1/2 piece of fudge. Plus a chocolate oatmeal cookie. Plus a few bites of something from the dessert bar called "chocolate tart" which really seemed like an over-baked (or dry/stale) choco cookie with a smear of icing. Not good enough to count.

Yes, I am using the checklist, although not faithfully. I would be doing better if I DID use it every single day. I'll start back tomorrow.

Weight loss this week: none.
Weight gain this week; also none.

xox,
Suzi

susan said so said...

It's too early for me to be typing. the pear preserves sound good. I doubt they can count. ;)

Elder Sister said...

I, on the other hand, have been very good without the checklist. It will be much easier this week, because will be no temptation waiting for me when I get home after work. Just me, the cat, and some spinach leaves.

Last week I managed to loose my thumb ring and thought that it was gone for good. Then, one of my students found it on our classroom floor the following morning. Soooo, my fingers are getting smaller, or at least, one thumb. I will dedicate some time today to rearranging rings on digits where they fit more securely.

I've not weighed in a few days, so today is the day. Cross your fingers!

Elder Sister said...

BTW, since the other sister has joined, I am no longer "the elder". Do you have any good ideas?

susan said so said...

Hmmm. Donna, wanna go for "Eldest Sister?" ... No?

M, you could always go with "Middle Child."

I'm sticking with my moniker. It suits.

Elder Sister said...

"Middle Sister"?